Hoshin Planning Certification Program
Start day: 12 June 2017, 5 days | London, UK
- Understand how to use the Hoshin Planning Framework for structured strategy planning and execution
- Understand how to translate strategy into an X-matrix
- Be able to effectively facilitate Hoshin Planning session with business teams across the organization
- Know how to manage monthly and annual reviews on Hoshin Plans
What is the length?
5 consecutive days, 36 hours of instruction
- Complete coursework
- Pass all exams
- Facilitate at least 2 Annual Planning Sessions and 6 Monthly review at your company
Who is this training and education appropriate for?
- Anyone leading Hoshin Planning in an organization
- Business leaders look to plan strategy at either corporate or operational level
What other materials are provided?
6 months access* to i-nexus Strategy Execution Software
Access to Lean Methods’ online Strategic Planning via Hoshin Kanri course (pre-reading)
Price: € 3,875 (£ 3,295) – Exclusive VAT
Strategic Planning is increasingly a core competency for any business or operational leader, but often is an under-developed discipline in many organizations. Lean Methods’ certifications are designed to build core strategic planning and facilitation skills enabling those working in a strategic planning or strategy execution role. Learning how to apply the tools as well as the theory, the certification courses teach a highly disciplined and structured approach to strategic planning.
Students taking the Level 1 Strategic Planning Certification learn how to facilitate effective Hoshin Planning in their organization. Modules cover the Hoshin Planning Process, how to use its tools for strategic planning, design of metrics, managing strategy execution, and facilitation guides for how to use Hoshin Planning with strategy teams. Certified students will graduate with the skills of Hoshin Planning as well as the ability to manage the Hoshin Planning process to deliver results through monthly and annual reviews.
During the course participants will also learn how to use the I-nexus strategy planning software to map and manage their Hoshin Plans. Following the course participants will use the technology to capture 2 Hoshin Planning sessions and their 6 months reviews for assessment. Both Lean Methods support on the Hoshin process and i-nexus technical support will be available for students as required.
- Introductions with statement of the current state of strategic planning
- Opening Simulation
- The role of strategy in strategic planning
- The essence of Hoshin Planning
- Stretching the Organization
- Creating Problems to Be Solved
- Staying on Top of Things Throughout the Year
- Breakthrough Objectives
- The Hoshin Planning Process
- Your X-matrix
- Prioritizing: Deciding What NOT To do
- Conducting Monthly Reviews
- Updating Your Annual Plan
- Strategy Execution
- Bowling Charts & Action Plans
- Project Tracking
- Technology to Support Strategy Execution
- Daily Management
- Introduction to Daily Management Tools
- Facilitation Skills for Strategic Planners
- Design of Metrics
- Balanced Metrics
- Cascading Metrics
- Metrics Tracking
* for qualified customers only, subject to availability